Call for participants:
MS B PRESENTS… GLAM
A Fashion Cultures event, part of Merchant City Festival at Festival 2014
Ms B Presents… is a performance and lecture night, where a variety of interested/interesting people gather to explore a chosen subject. Ms B is preparing a special event on the fashion, fandom and glamour of 70s glam rock for Fashion Cultures at the Merchant City Festival on Sunday 27 July at The Corinthian Club, and is looking for people to take part.
Ms B is looking for writers, performers, lecturers, historians, musicians, fans and other interested individuals to contribute talks, lectures, presentations and/or performances of all kinds, responding to 70s glam rock and satellite cultural happenings. Ideas to be explored could include..
- The legacy of glam rock in pop culture and fashion today
- Glam rock fandom and dressing up
- Queerness and gender identity relating to appearance/clothing in glam rock
- Performances/music inspired by any aspect of glam rock
- A discussion of a particular look, band, video or performance
…but any other responses to the theme are welcome.
All contributions to be up to 30 minutes long. A fee will also be available for participants.
Ideas, proposals and questions to firstname.lastname@example.org by
5pm, Friday 18 July.
Visit the Eventbrite page for the event here.